Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Evolution.

I have been using this building for my office and a meeting place along with our design selections since last winter. It is such a cute location and a charming building, I keep getting visitors who want to know what we are! :) Me too! One day, out of the blue (I kid you not) I just made the decision to take it to the next level and quickly!!! If we were going to have retail, I wanted to open during the Christmas season.

I know what you are thinking... "how much preparation did you have to do?", "how much stock did you purchase in advance?" etc... Oh well, truth be - we didn't do any of that. We just made a decision and put our faith into it. My dear friend Nancy Wallace, owner of Wallace Gardens, had wanted to be a part of something like this - so she has been "drafted" to assist us in getting this puppy off the ground. Nancy does our containers at the front doors as well as the garden at the porch and has some nice decorative items for the home and garden inside for you to purchase when you visit us.

Many of my friends and clients received an invitation to become a consignor and they all have WONDERFUL furnishings to sell. In my role as a builder/designer - I have the unfortunate curse of frequently changing, moving or redesigning my personal spaces and it is time for that now. So I have been bringing one thing after another to the shop on the weekends.

We are now tagging things, bringing in more stock, pulling out the holiday decor and preparing for our opening. All at the same time we have to find software for inventory and sales, credit card receiving and various boring business details that are necessary evils (my DH is handling that part)! We had already done the work to the building with monies from my building company - Henderson & Adams, so the amount of money now was all relative to the business of the retail establishment. Approximately $500.00 so far... and The Nest on Main is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment